The Growth Hacking Podcast – John Egan
- John Egan works in the growth team at Pinterest where he has spearheaded several projects that cumulatively have helped add millions of WAUs. Previously, John led the growth engineering team at Shopkick, a cross-retailer mobile loyalty app funded by Kleiner-Perkins & Greylock Partners which was acquired by SK Planet for $200MM. At Shopkick he helped grow the userbase 8x from 1MM users to 8MM users primarily through invites, geofencing, & push notifications.
Biggest Piece of Advice for Growing your Company
- Don’t start working on growth prematurely. Wait until you have Product/Market Fit
Favorite Tools for Growth
- At Pinterest we use in-house tools.
- I recommend other tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, Intercom and Qualaroo
Who are your mentors? The people you learn from?
- Andy Jones
- Sean Ellis
- Andrew Chen
Which Book would you recommend the Growth Hacking Nation?
- The Lean Startup by Eric R
What is your favorite social media channel and Why?
What is your opinion of Growth Hacking?
- As Sean Ellis mentioned before, it is data driven marketing that can iterate.
What can we do for you?
- Come to my blog at www.jwegan.com
How can we get in touch with you?
- In my Twitter at https://twitter.com/jwegan_com
- Sending me an email to: me [at] jwegan [dot] com